Wednesday, January 13, 2016

AGA Ranges

After yesterday's post about the kitchen designed around an aubergine stove that the homeowner found at a clearance sale, I wondered if I would spend that amount of money on an appliance that I really wanted, but wasn't sure of the color (even at a discount, these stoves are still very pricey).  Of course, it helps to have a friend/interior designer standing by to steer you in the right direction in co-ordinating the rest of the kitchen design, but could I live with a color that was not my first choice.  I really am not sure I could.  Could you?  

I've added some colors below to show you what's available in AGAs.......

They are certainly beautiful and I like the idea of so many ovens, no knobs and heating the kitchen.
The following information is from an article in the Wall Street Journal:
"AGA
The cast-iron, British-made AGA is different from most ranges in that it isn't just for cooking, but for keeping the kitchen warm. The original AGA, which dates back to 1922, was designed to stay on all the time. Nowadays, an AGA user can program the stove to turn on at certain times. In the U.K., a smartphone app allows users to set their AGAs remotely and text them commands, such as "roasting oven on," says company spokesperson Laura James. The Five-Oven AGA Total Control has separate ovens for roasting, baking, simmering, slow-cooking and warming. It comes in 12 colors, such as "duck egg blue," "heather" and "aubergine" (shown here).
Price: $20,299 (Five-Oven AGA Total Control)" = $29,000 CAD
Lillian August - Cream

Architectural Digest - Cream
(I included 2 cream stoves because both kitchens are so pretty and it happens to be my favorite color).

Cath Kidston's Kitchen - Baby Blue

Red

The Beautiful England - British Racing Green 

BHG - yellow

AGA Living - White

Dark Blue

Emma Bridgewater - Polka Dot
(Part of the new designer ranges)



















1 comment:

  1. Lots of pretty colors! If I could perchance actually afford to purchase one, I probably would go with a more neutral color.

    ReplyDelete