Thursday, January 28, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Camp Boxwoods

I'm going through my old magazines again and I remembered this house from the past - particularly the screened sunporch - which I loved.

At the time of publication, the owners' names meant nothing to me as I wasn't aware of Boxwoods Gardens & Gifts in Atlanta, Georgia.  Over time, I've become familiar with it (from a distance). So, now I know this home was purchased as a 1970s ranch style home and re-imagined by the creative owners of the gift shop, Dan Belman and Randy Korando. It's now a three-storey Queen Anne Victorian.



Among the first of the projects was the addition of the curved veranda and front foyer below.

Hand painted floor.

The garage turned living room ceiling was vaulted and became this cosy, welcoming space.

Beautiful.

The newly built window seat became a cubby for the smallest dog in the family, Muffy.



Love the re-cycled wood planked ceiling in the kitchen.





The attic guestroom was transformed by Randy's appliqued walls using all natural materials such as pinecones, acorns, hickory nuts and honeysuckle vines.

Gorgeous mud room!

The screened porch is my favorite space in the whole house.

And it appears someone else in the family has made it his favorite spot as well.

All of the above photos via Traditional Home
July 2007

Then, I discovered this home had been listed for sale in November 2015 for $2.99 million.  See more photos of the listing here.  It is now a 300 acre horse farm.

And it was featured in Victoria Magazine.  Please click here to see more of this lovely home.

Have a great day!




4 comments:

  1. Good morning - Just wanted to say how much I look forward to your posts each day! Always interesting and diverse with your choices of architecture, interior design and fashion - those pink couture examples! Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to you! Thanks so much for taking time to drop a note - I really appreciate the feedback - and it's always nice to hear from happy readers! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, hard to believe that this gorgeous home started out as a humble ranch house. Had to pin several pictures to my Dream Home board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They did an amazing job! Have a great day, Donna!

      Delete